Skip to content ↓

Home to School Transport

The local authority retains a statutory responsibility to provide transport for children who meet the eligibility criteria.

The Luton website states:

If your child has special educational needs, they may be entitled to travel assistance if they cannot walk to school/college/education provision because of their SEND or mobility problem.

Attendance at a special school or a learning resource base does not automatically entitle your child to travel assistance.

Further information about the local authority’s policy on travel assistance can be found at:

Travel assistance (

Parents of new students starting at Windmill Hill for Year 7 need to apply to the local authority for their request to be considered for September. The application form can be found using the link above.

Applications for September should be submitted by the beginning of June to ensure transport is allocated in time for the start of the Autumn Term.

Alternatively, for further information please contact:

Passenger transport unit

Tel: 01582 547219

Fax:01582 547351


Address: Central Depot, Kingsway, Luton, Beds, LU4 8AU

Linked Documents:

  • Luton Transport Policy
  • SEN-Application for travel assistance 2022